The Adventurous Life of a World Traveler

Monday, September 3, 2012

3 days in


Things that are awesome about Russia today:
1) Wide streets and sidewalks
2) Soup as a way of life
3) I don't live in Hanoi (ok, so that's not about Russia per se, but it is still awesome)
4) I live in a Unesco World Heritage site
5) Walking distance to school and 2 minutes to the metro
6) Amazing fruit/veggie/meat/cheese market walking distance from my apartment
7) Little old people selling veggies from their country gardens outside the market (I think I saw partridgeberries, yum yum yum!!! I will buy some tomorrow, as I ran out of money for today due to unwitting umbrella purchase, see below, oops!)
8) Daylight until after 9pm

Things that are weird about Russia today:
1) Hot berry soup with ice cream in it (weird but also delicious!)
2) My hot water works if/when it feels like it, and may stop mid-shower

Things that I did not enjoy so much:
1) Rain, rain and more rain
2) Accidentally paying $22 for an umbrella
3) Finding out my apartment costs $1100 per month (we're sharing it with another teacher, so we'll be paying 1/2 of this but, OMG, we are going to have to move next month for sure)

Overall, WIN!

No comments: