The Adventurous Life of a World Traveler

Saturday, August 18, 2012

It's the Final Countdown!

13 more days! 13 more days and I will be free of this shithole I currently live in. I have been living and working in Hanoi now for nearly 18 months. 18 months trapped in a place I can't stand. I am so ready for Russia. The sense of relief I felt as I booked my ticket out of here was intense. I loved my job here, and I have met some pretty great people, but the day to day of life in Hanoi has been so contrary to the way I want to live my life, so toxic to my health, mental and physical, so stressful that I can barely stand the wait for it to be over. I am just biding my time and waiting for August 31st, trying to figure out a ways not to leave the house any more than absolutely necessary to ensure I survive until then without being run over by a motorbike or contracting typhoid. 13 MORE DAYS!

No comments: